What is Compounding?
Welltopia Pharmacy is proud to provide patients access to a variety of unique wellness services.
Compounding is the art behind some the most powerful products a pharmacy can offer patients who can be a man, a woman, a Child, a baby and also pets!
Compounding is the art of custom creations of medications with specific ingredients, dosage forms and delivery devices carefully curated to serve the 1% of prescriptions for people who can not find what they need from big pharma one size fits all commercially available fill and bill drugs!
To give some dimensions to this story; Most of commercially available medications, If millions of people won’t need those standard drugs, big pharma companies won’t make them. How about thousands or hundreds of patients who need specific drugs with no additives or dyes or allergic to binders that pulls the tablet together but can hurt someone’s leaky gut or causes constipation to someone else? How will they take their medications?
At Welltopia , we work with groups of scientists and consultants on a daily basis to make sure we offer cutting edge science and technology behind our compounding formulas, ingredients, techniques and devices.
Welltopia compounding services offer:
- medications in dosage forms that are not commercially available, such as transdermal gels, troches, “chewie’s”, RDT of ready dissolve tablets, sustained release capsules and even lollipops! -those lollipops work great for children after dental surgeries to help with a delicious Medicine for pain after the procedure!
- medications free of problem-causing excipients such as dyes, sugar, lactose, or alcohol. Those are important for very sensitive patients , and patients with special needs like autistic children.
- combinations of various compatible medications into a single dosage form for easier administration and improved outcomes like a hemorrhoid suppository with three or four ingredients rather than an overpriced single ingredient commercially available product currently in the market-that’s a long discussion we can discuss with patients who suffer from this condition!
- medications that are no more available due to shortage of drugs like when we had to compound hydroxychloroquine for patients who couldn’t find it when many people were hoarding this important drug based on the mass media of its off label uses
- with an ongoing testing and quality checks, we are confidently offering the best consumer experience in the custom medication field.
Remember; any compounded medication has a unique formula and formulas different between pharmacies. So, choose the pharmacy that always use the highest-grade ingredients, and follow the strictest rules in their compounding process, and you can always ask more questions about the custom medication you receive.
In summary, our compounding professionals can formulate suitable medications as sublingual drops, oral and nasal sprays, lollipops, rectal solutions and suppositories, and other customized dosage forms. Please contact us to discuss your needs and medication problems and we promise you, if we cannot find a solution, we will research a solution!