100% USDA Organic Cold Pressed Barbary Fig Seed Oil
Barie naturally contains the following elements:
- 73.4% Linoleic acid – is a fatty acid, and a very popular ingredient in beauty products due to its beneficial properties for skin. Linoleic acid is used as topical applications to prevent/fight inflammation, treat acne, and for moisture retention
- 12.0% palmitic acid is a fatty acid that helps reinforce skin’s healthy barrier function for a smoother surface; as we age, we can lose over half of this body lipid, which is quite necessary to maintain healthy skin
- 8.8% oleic acid is an Omega 9 fatty acid, which is a powerful antioxidant; it also helps strengthen cell membrane and repair cell and tissue damage. Topical application of oil that contains oleic acid produces soft, supple skin that glows with health. You can grow thicker and stronger hair when you treat it with prickly seed oil or other oils that contain oleic acid
- 5.8% stearic acid helps skin retain moisture and stay flexible while helping with skin damage repair
- 13.9% Alpha-Tocopherol is most powerful of tocopherols or Vitamin E (most powerful natural antioxidant)
- 81.9% Gamma-Tocopherol has a unique function. Because of its different chemical structure, gamma-tocopherol scavenges reactive nitrogen species, which, like reactive oxygen species, can damage proteins, lipids, and DNA. While alpha tocopherol inhibits the production of new free radicals, gamma tocopherol is required to trap and neutralize existing free radicals. It is now recognized that gamma tocopherol, like alpha tocopherol, is retained in the body and delivered to tissues. Gamma tocopherol has superior anti-inflammatory and gene regulatory activities, while alpha-tocopherol remains a potent antioxidant
- 3.0% Beta-Tocopherol is less powerful antioxidant than Alpha and Gamma, but critical for the combination of antioxidant elements necessary to provide full benefit for your skin
- 1.2% Delta-Tocopherol – another antioxidant, important for the combination and efficacy of the other ones that are part of Opuncia Elixir composition
It is not easy to make this incredible anti-aging serum. It is made from the seeds of the red delicious fruit that grows on the top of prickly pear cacti. Tens of millions of seeds go into production of just one quart (about 1 liter) of Barie.
Barie is extremely potent, so it is recommended to use a drop or two as often as you need and where you need it most in the following order of magnitude:
- Under eyes
- On face
- Neck and décolleté area
- On cuticles / nails
- On roots and ends of hair.
If you wish to pamper yourself, use a couple of drops of Barie on your hair, or even add it to your shampoo and/or conditioner.
As any vegetable oil (fruit oil in this case), Barie should be stored in a non-transparent glass container, preferably in a cool, dry place and away from the direct light and sun. Proper storage assures your oil will serve you for much longer without losing its amazing properties. 2 years is a minimum shelf life for this oil. If stored properly it should last longer.
.03 fl oz. (travel size)