Zinc Select Overview
- Zinc is an essential trace mineral important to many functions of human health. It plays a role in maintaining cellular metabolism and gene expression.
- Zinc is critical to a diverse group of physiological processes, such as immune function, insulin signaling, tissue repair, vision and neuro-transmission.
- It is second only to iron in worldwide incidence of deficiency, impacting 2 billion people in developing nations. Due to the wide range of functions regulated by zinc, deficiency, or even marginal deficiency, can have serious health implications
Zinc Select plays a crucial role in boosting immune function, maintaining healthy tissue growth and increasing the antioxidant reserves that protect the body from free radical damage.
Critical to a diverse group of physiological processes, such as immune function, insulin signaling, tissue repair, vision and neuro-transmission.
- Fundamental to the activity of over 100 enzymes and supports immune function, protein synthesis, tissue growth, DNA synthesis and cell division.
- During pregnancy, infancy and childhood, the body needs zinc for proper growth and development.
- Zinc also helps tissue repair and is important for adequate functioning of the senses of taste and smell.
- Daily intake of zinc is necessary to maintain adequate levels within the body because the body has no specialized zinc storage system.
- Formulated with the superior amino acid chelate form, zinc glycinate, which does not ionize in the gut and therefore is not impacted by dietary factors and is absorbed at a higher rate than those formulated with zinc salt forms.
- The importance of bioavailability is obvious. If consuming a zinc supplement has little effect on improving the body’s zinc balance, there is no reason to ingest it.
- Comparison studies have shown significantly superior absorption of mineral chelates compared to other mineral forms.
Zinc Select Ingredients
- Zinc (as TRAACS™ Zinc Bisglycinate Chelate)
Wellmune Dietary Supplement – 120 Capsules
Welltopia for Dietary Supplements in Wisconsin
Experts in Customized Multivitamins & Supplements