IQ Adapt Overview
- Contains a nootropic and a blend of adaptogenic botanicals and nutrients specifically formulated to
counteract the effects of daily stress, improve mental performance, and support healthy energy levels.
- Provides a unique blend of stress-adapting botanicals that support the body’s resistance to fatigue, improve cognition and help to maintain balanced cortisol and DHEA levels.
IQ Adapt support mental performance and healthy energy levels.
Stress is defined as any disturbance as extreme cold or heat, psychological stress, sleep deprivation, work overload, physical trauma, as well as toxic exposure that can trigger the stress response.
- The body’s stress response system is comprised of the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal (HPA) axis. Prolonged stress triggers the HPA axis and consists of three stages: Alarm, Resistance and Exhaustion.
- The initial, short-lived phase (Alarm Phase) is the body’s normal fight-or flight response to danger which is characterized by elevated cortisol levels.
- The Resistance Phase: allows the body to continue buffering extended stress exposure, long after the initial fight-or-flight response has dissipated. Hormones released by the adrenals, such as cortisol and DHEA, help support the “resistance” reaction.
- Extended periods of stress not only burden the system, creating an imbalance in cortisol and DHEA production, but can result in mental and physical fatigue, nervous tension, irritability, poor memory and decreased immunity, all of which are characteristic of stage 3 (Exhaustion Phase)
IQ Adapt improves cognition and in particular, promotes cortisol balance during the initial alarm phase and provides unique blend of botanicals and nutrients that supports the stress response.
- L-theanine is an amino acid found abundantly in green tea.
- L-theanine has been shown to quickly improve stress perception and resilience.
- The stress-buffering mechanisms of L-theanine have been connected to the ability of L-theanine to increase serotonin and dopamine production in the brain.
- L-theanine has also been shown to significantly increase alpha brain wave activity, which is critical for increasing attention as well as promoting a sense of relaxation.
- L-theanine has also been shown to have a protective effect for nerve cells and reduces excitatory glutamate activity in the brain.
- Phosphatidylserine is a phospholipid that is found in high concentrations in the brain.
- In studies administering phosphatidylserine (50-800 mg) to subjects under stress (physical, emotional, mental, etc.), it has been found that phosphatidylserine reduces stress-induced excretion of cortisol.
- It has been demonstrated that phosphatidylserine reduces the cortisol response to overtraining resulting in a reduction in perceived muscle soreness and improvement in athletic performance.
- Bacopa monnieri is an herb that provides nervous system support for individuals under stress.
- Bacognize® is known to improve memory, learning, attention and focus.
- It is shown to have strong regulation of mood function at the serotonin receptor.
- Bacopa offers neuroprotection and antioxidant effects to reduce oxidative stress.
Ashwagandha Root Extract
- Ashwagandha’s strong adaptogenic properties provide an array of benefits for individuals that have compromised health due to extreme stress exposure.
- Ashwagandha’s benefits include improving stress resilience, supporting immune response, regulating the sleep cycle, supporting healthy thyroid function and protecting against exhaustion of the nervous system.
- Ashwagandha has also been shown to be beneficial in supporting proper mood regulation and restoring a sense of calmness under stress.
Rhodiola rosea Root Extract
- Rhodiola rosea has been categorized as an adaptogenic botanical due to its ability to increase resistance to a variety of stressors.
- Rhodiola has been studied extensively and is widely used in Eastern Europe and Asia to help support the nervous system, mood regulation, mental clarity, work performance and the sleep cycle.
- Within the central nervous system, Rhodiola has demonstrated an ability to preserve levels of neurotransmitters such as serotonin, dopamine and norepinephrine.
- Rhodiola has been examined for its significant reduction of fatigue under stress.
- It has also shown significant improvements in mental performance, greater mood stability and improved sleep patterns.
Eleuthero Root Extract
- Eleutherococcus senticosus has also been identified as a strong adaptogenic botanical and is widely used in China to improve general health, support memory and endurance.
- In addition to its ability to improve stress resilience and fight fatigue.
- Eleuthero has exhibited immune supporting effects.
- Eleuthero has demonstrated a reduction of heart rate in response to a stressor and an improvement in performance in runners (race time).
IQ Adapt Ingredients
- Bacopa monnieri†
- Ashwagandha Root Extract†
- Rhodiola rosea Root Extract†
- Eleuthero Root Extract†
IQ Adapt Dietary Supplement – 60 Capsules
Welltopia for Dietary Supplements in Wisconsin
Experts in Customized Multivitamins & Supplements