D-K Liquid Overview
- While vitamin D has long been known to assist calcium absorption, it is vitamin K, through its carboxylation of osteocalcin, which guides this calcium to bones and prevents their absorption into organs, joint spaces and arteries.
- Vitamin K occurs in 2 main forms: K1 (phylloquinone), derived from foods such as green leafy vegetables and K2 (menaquinone), which is a group of related compounds differentiated by their side chains.
D-K Liquid provides 10 mcg of MenaQ7 Pro the most widely studied form of vitamin K2 as MK-7 and 1000 IU of vitamin D3.
Synergistic relationship between vitamin K2 and vitamin D3, especially in terms of bone strength and cardiovascular health is a critical piece of the puzzle.
- A group of naturally occurring and structurally similar, fat-soluble vitamins, vitamin K is essential for the proper utilization of calcium.
- Through its activation of the protein osteocalcin, vitamin K helps to bind newly absorbed calcium to the mineral matrix in bone.
- Vitamin K has been found to help maintain bone mineral density by decreasing the activity of osteoclasts, a cell that breaks down the bone matrix.
- Vitamin K and vitamin D not only share similar qualities, but they also act in synergy within the body.
- The combination of vitamin K2 with vitamin D3 in D-K Liquid has been suggested in recent studies to promote bone health.
D-K Liquid Ingredients
- Vitamin D3 (as Cholecalciferol)
- Vitamin K2 (as Menaquinone-7 MK-7)