D-K Forte Overview
- Calcium and vitamin D are important mediators in bone growth, but vitamin K plays an equally important role.
- The synthesis of bone growth is dependent on vitamin K, through its carboxylation of osteocalcin, a protein secreted by osteoblasts.
- Osteocalcin guides calcium into bones and prevents its absorption into organs, joint spaces and arteries.
- Vitamin K occurs in two main forms: K1 (phylloquinone), found primarily in the liver, naturally occurs in green leafy vegetables and is considered to be the main dietary source; and K2 (menaquinone), which is a group of related compounds differentiated by their side chains.
- MK-4 and MK-7 are the two subclasses of K2 most widely studied for their role in bone and cardiovascular health.
D-K Forte provides 180 mcg of MenaQ7® PRO, the most widely studied form of vitamin K2 as MK-7 along with 5,000 IU of vitamin D3 for optimal support of bone and cardiovascular health.
MenaQ7® PRO in this formula is backed by extensive research. Vitamin D3 and K2 can help promote bone health and maintain healthy cardiometabolic function.
- Vitamin K is essential for the proper utilization of calcium by osteocalcin protein activation.
- Helps to bind newly absorbed calcium to the mineral matrix in bone.
- Vitamin K has been found to help maintain bone mineral density by decreasing the activity of osteoclasts that breaks down the bone matrix.
- Provides critical cardiovascular protection by helping to activate matrix Gla protein (MGP), an inhibitor of circulatory calcification.
- Vitamin K and vitamin D not only share similar qualities, but they also act synergistically within the body.
- Building and maintaining healthy bones requires a number of key nutrients including vitamin K, for the proper binding of calcium to the bone matrix.
D-K Forte Ingredients
- Vitamin D (D3 as Cholecalciferol)
- Vitamin K (K2 as Menaquinone-7 MenaQ7®PRO
D-K Forte Dietary Supplement – 90 Capsules
Welltopia for Dietary Supplements in Wisconsin
Experts in Customized Multivitamins & Supplements