Cal-Mag Select provides 200 mg of elemental calcium and 175 mg of elemental magnesium per serving, each ideally formulated using multiple mineral forms to ensure maximum absorption.
Cal-Mag Select leverages the benefit of multiple pathways of absorption by using multiple different mineral forms.
- Magnesium enhances the absorption of calcium and works in tandem with calcium to allow muscles to contract and relax.
- Combined, these two essential minerals maintain in an intricately linked relationship that supports both muscle and nervous system function.
- Cal-Mag Select provides the benefit of highly-absorbed, Albion® mineral chelates.
- Albion® is the world leader in manufacturing highly bioavailable mineral chelates, a specialized form of minerals bound to amino acids.
- In a clinical study comparing calcium absorption in humans, Albion®’s patented calcium chelate delivered the greatest absorption of all calcium sources tested.
In a magnesium comparison study reported by Graff et al. at Weber State University, Albion®’s magnesium amino acid chelate had:
- 8.8 times greater absorption than magnesium oxide
- 5.6 times greater absorption than magnesium sulfate
- 2.3 times greater absorption than magnesium carbonate
Albion®’s mineral chelates have extensive clinical research proving their superior bioavailability, biologic activity, stability and improved tolerance.
- Calcium is required for heart health, muscle function, nerve transmission, intracellular signaling and hormonal secretion.
- Less than 1% of total body calcium that supports these critical metabolic functions. Serum calcium is very tightly regulated and does not fluctuate with changes in dietary intakes.
- The body uses bone tissue as a reservoir for calcium, as well as a source of calcium, to maintain constant concentrations of calcium in blood, muscle and intercellular fluids.
- The remaining 99% of the calcium supply in the body is stored in the bones and teeth, serving as support for their structure and function.
- Calcium alone cannot keep bones strong – adequate phosphorus levels impact bone health by making bone tissue more resistant to shock and compression.
- Phosphate makes up 50% of bone tissue and helps maintain other body tissues.
- Phosphorous is an essential ingredient in calcium supplements to promote bone strength and remodeling.
- Magnesium is a cofactor in over 300 enzyme systems that regulate diverse biochemical reactions in the body, including protein synthesis, muscle and nerve function, blood glucose control and blood pressure regulation.
- Contributes to the structural development of bone and is required for the synthesis of DNA, RNA and the antioxidant, glutathione.
- Magnesium also plays a role in the active transport of calcium and potassium ions across cell membranes, a process that is important to nerve impulse conduction, muscle contraction and normal heart rhythm.