Bergamot Select works at the level of the liver to help maintain and support healthy cholesterol levels and preserve coronary arteries by maintaining normal inflammatory balance.
Contains Bergamonte® (BPF/Bergamot Polyphenolic Fraction) by H&AD. Using a patented extraction technology through collaborative works of various universities and research institutions.
- Bergamot (Citrus bergamia) is a citrus plant that grows almost exclusively in the narrow coastal Calabria region in southern Italy.
- The local population quickly discovered bergamot juice could be used to help support healthy cholesterol levels and optimize cardiovascular wellness.
- Optimizing cardiovascular health is a leading concern for many adults and maintaining balanced cholesterol levels are an important part of that process.
- Though cholesterol can be consumed through food, circulating cholesterol levels are primarily produced and controlled by the liver using the rate control enzyme HMG-CoA reductase (HMGCR).
- Because of its pronounced role in cholesterol synthesis, inhibiting HMGCR has become a primary target of many traditional therapies.
- Bergamot’s health benefits derive from its unique profile of phenolic compounds such as Neoeriocitrin, Neohesperidin, Naringin, Rutin, Neodesmin, Rhoifolin and Poncirin.
- Naringin has been shown to be beneficial in maintaining normal inflammatory balance while Neoeriocitrin and Rutin have been found to exhibit a strong capacity to quench free radicals and maintain healthy LDL cholesterol levels.
- Bergamot is rich in Brutieridine and Melitidine which have a unique ability to dampen HMG-CoA reductase.
- The highest concentration available of these potent phenolic compounds. Clinical trials quoted were conducted on BPF.