Zinc Picolinate 15 mg is zinc that is bound to the organic acid picolinic acid, which is naturally made in the body from the amino acid L-Tryptophan.
If there was a super mineral, then zinc would be a contender. Zinc is an essential micronutrient that is crucial to more than 200 enzymatic reactions and plays a key role in growth, immune function, testosterone metabolism and numerous other functions in your body.
Benefits of Thorne’s Zinc Supplement Suite
- Zinc is necessary for the development and function of the cells related to our immune response.
- Essential for activation of a certain group of white blood cells – called T-lymphocytes (T-cells) – that moderate the body’s inflammatory response during times of immune stress.
- Studies have found that the antioxidant-promoting properties of zinc help mitigate oxidative stress – a process that damages cells and tissues and can lead to several chronic health conditions.
- Promotes healthy skin and eyes.
- Needed to support the body’s normal production of testosterone, a hormone essential for promoting lean muscle mass.