Vitamin D + K2 Liquid offer greater support for bones and the immune and cardiovascular systems together than either does individually.
Both vitamin D and vitamin K2 support bone and muscle health, along with cardiovascular health and immune function.
- It is important to maintain an optimal level of vitamin D in the body through all stages of life, from fetal development to old age.
- Vitamin K2, a series of molecules known as menaquinones, exerts a more powerful influence on bone than does vitamin K1.
- The vitamin K2 in this formula is the well-studied MK-4. Combining vitamins D and K can provide greater support of the immune and cardiovascular systems than each offers separately.
- For example, vitamin D is necessary for calcium absorption, and vitamin K is important for directing calcium to the bones and away from the soft tissues, such as blood vessels and kidneys.
- Thorne’s Vitamin D + K2 Liquid also provides nutritional support for oncology patients.
- One study in postmenopausal women found a combination of minerals along with vitamins D and K maintained healthy artery elasticity, compared to two other groups of women who received either minerals with vitamin D but not vitamin K, or placebo.
- Thorne’s Vitamin D + K2 Liquid is in medium chain triglyceride oil, preserved with mixed tocopherols.