Ultimate-E contains mixed tocopherols and provides vital antioxidant activity in fat-soluble tissues.
Numerous clinical studies have shown vitamin E is beneficial to the cardiovascular system.
- Naturally occurring ratio of tocopherols, is an efficient way to supplement vitamin E without the addition of soy oil as a filler.
- Recent studies looking at mixed tocopherols indicate they have a stronger inhibitory effect on lipid peroxidation than alpha-tocopherol alone, indicating a more potent antioxidant effect.
- Vitamin E ingredient is extracted from a mixture of vegetable oils, including soy oil. However, any potentially allergenic soy residue is removed during the distillation process and it is not diluted with soy oil.
- Tocopherols provide protection from free radicals and other by-products of oxygenation, including lipid peroxides and singlet oxygen radicals.
- Gamma-tocopherol inhibits the enzyme cyclooxygenase, whereas alpha-tocopherol does not appear to have a significant effect on this enzyme.
- Human studies comparing diets supplemented with gamma- and alpha-tocopherols, to diets supplemented primarily with only alpha-tocopherol, found more DNA protection in the mixed-tocopherol group than the alpha-tocopherol group.