Thyrocsin formula contains key ingredients for thyroid support, including iodine, which is necessary for formation of T4, and L-tyrosine, which is a necessary component of both T4 and T3 formation.
Thyroid hormones regulate the metabolism of proteins, fats, and carbohydrates, thus affecting how these macro-nutrients produce energy.
- A deficiency or excess of thyroid hormones can have far-reaching effects.
- For example, a high cortisol level can interfere with thyroid function, resulting in low thyroxine (T4) or poor conversion of T4 to the active form, triiodothyronine (T3).
- Each thyroid hormone has multiple important functions in the body; for example, T4 supports cardiac output, heart rate, respiratory rate, and basal metabolic rate – a low basal metabolic rate can cause a person to be fatigued, chilly, and have trouble losing weight.
- Provides nutritional and botanical support for healthy thyroid function, for the conversion of T4 to T3, and for normal cortisol levels.
- This non-glandular thyroid-support formula is available only from Thorne.
- Animal studies have indicated that the Ayurvedic botanical, ashwagandha, can increase T4 concentrations.
- Includes several nutrient cofactors necessary for converting T4 to T3, including the minerals selenium, zinc, and copper.
- Vitamin B12 because a deficiency of this vitamin appears to interfere with the activity of thyroid hormones.
- Conversion of T4 to T3 can be inhibited by heavy metal toxicity and lipid peroxidation; hence, the inclusion of antioxidant vitamins C and E to counterbalance this inhibition.