Pyridoxal 5′-Phosphate is a tissue-ready form of vitamin B6 that promotes energy production and neurotransmitter synthesis.
Vitamin B6 is necessary for the body’s transformation and utilization of amino acids in many functions in the body, including energy production, synthesizing important brain chemicals called neurotransmitters and metabolizing hormones that can benefit women with PMS symptoms.
- Necessary for homocysteine recycling because it facilitates the break-down of homocysteine to taurine and cysteine.
- P5P is also involved in the body’s production of hemoglobin and intrinsic factor, and is vital to the formation of the myelin sheath that surrounds nerve cells.
- Vitamin B6 also known as pyridoxine to be used by the body, pyridoxine must be converted to pyridoxal 5′-phosphate (P5P).
- Some individuals who have compromised liver function have difficulty converting pyridoxine to P5P, and therefore they can be at risk of a vitamin B6 deficiency.
- Supplementing with the most bioactive form of vitamin B6 is being supplemented. This product is not derived from yeast.