Potassium Citrate plays a vital role in the proper functioning of skeletal muscle and the heart muscle.
Essential for nerve impulse transmission, muscle contractility, maintaining normal blood pressure, energy production and nucleic acid synthesis.
- Epidemiological evidence suggests that diets high in potassium provide numerous benefits to cardiovascular health.
- Chronic potassium deficiency can result in various adverse health conditions, including prolonged feelings of weakness and fatigue.
- Thorne’s Potassium Citrate promotes cardiovascular health, and also supports kidney and lower urinary tract health by inhibiting precipitates in the urine because of its alkalizing effect.
- Potassium Citrate’s benefit of alkalizing the urine also inhibits the growth of undesirable bacteria in the urinary tract.
- Another reason to facilitate an alkaline urine is that certain botanical extracts, like berberine, that support a healthy urinary tract work most effectively in alkaline urine.