Plantizyme provides amylase, protease, lipase, cellulase and lactase derived from an Aspergillus fungus species.
For individuals who want a non-animal sourced digestive enzyme formula.
- Consistently poor digestion usually leads to digestive problems and less than optimal absorption of nutrients. The result can be vitamin deficiencies, particularly of fat-soluble vitamins like vitamins A, D, E, and K.
- Food allergies can develop when inadequately digested proteins are wrongly absorbed through the gut, an individual who has frequent indigestion should make sure to have adequate digestive enzyme support.
- The technical term for consistently poor digestion is maldigestion, that can affect individuals of any dietary preference or persuasion.
- Although many digestive enzyme formulas are derived from animal sources, alternative non-animal sources are available that exhibit demonstrated efficacy as digestive aids.
- Circumstances such as illness, gall bladder removal, overuse of antacids, and normal conditions associated with aging can contribute to the insufficient secretion of stomach acid, pancreatic enzymes, and bile.
- These situations can adversely affect digestive enzyme activity and lead to heartburn, gas, bloating and other symptoms of gastrointestinal discomfort.