Phytisone provides botanical, non-glandular support for the adrenal glands. Its unique combination of key adaptogen botanicals and nutrients help the adrenals optimize their response to stress.
When humans encounter a threat, the adrenal glands release cortisol, epinephrine, norepinephrine, and other chemicals that raise our heart rate, blood pressure, and blood sugar, and constrict blood vessels to the digestive tract. This “fight or flight” reflex can be a life saver.
- Astragalus membranaceus is used typically in combination with ginseng to promote energy and support immune function.
- Licorice root (Glycyrrhiza glabra) appears to have a modulating effect on cortisol activity.
- Ginger (Zingiber officinale) has the capacity to increase the absorption of other substances.
- The two best-known adaptogens (substances that improve the body’s resistance to stress) are Panax ginseng and Eleutherococcus senticosus.
- An abundance of research demonstrates an enhanced response to physical and chemical stress, as well as a beneficial physiological effect on the central nervous, cardiovascular and endocrine systems, following administration of Panax ginseng.
- Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) – often called Indian ginseng – is considered to be the preeminent adaptogen from the Ayurvedic medical system.
- Ascorbic acid, thiamine (vitamin B1), pantethine (the active form of vitamin B5), pyridoxal 5′-phosphate (the active form of vitamin B6), and zinc are included in Phytisone for their strengthening and supportive role in optimizing adrenal function.