PharmaGABA supports restful sleep, acts like a “brake” on stress, and provides a focused state of mind.
Gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) is a major calming brain chemical or neurotransmitter.
- Clinical studies show that the natural form of GABA that is in Thorne’s PharmaGABA can decrease the brain’s stress-related beta waves and increase the production of its alpha-waves, creating a profound sense of physical relaxation while maintaining mental focus.
- Other studies have shown reduced pupil diameter, heart rate, and two natural biomarkers of stress – salivary cortisol and chromogranin A – all signs of relaxation.
- Studies also indicate GABA can enhance sleep. In a head-to-head, double-blind trial of natural PharmaGABA versus synthetic GABA, the synthetic GABA did not demonstrate these positive effects.
- PharmaGABA offers natural GABA per capsule, non-habit forming.
- The natural GABA in Thorne’s PharmaGABA suite is produced via a fermentation process that utilizes Lactobacillus hilgardii, the same bacteria that is used to ferment cabbage in the preparation of the traditional Korean dish known as kimchi.