FloraPro-LP Probiotic is provided in small spheres (8 mm), which allows for ease of dosing, even in children.
Special features of Thorne’s FloraPro-LP Probiotic – L. plantarum 6595
Proprietary Bio-Tract® technology protects this probiotic strain of bacteria from destruction by stomach acid. This same technology also provides a controlled, extended-release delivery that first begins to release content after the ingredient reaches the small intestine.
What are the special features of L. plantarum compared to other Lactobacillus species ?
- Studies indicate L. plantarum supports the immune function of post-surgery patients.
- Its unique genome allows this bacteria species to more easily adapt to different environmental conditions.
- It has a high tolerance for high acidic environments, such as the acidity of the stomach.
- It’s a species naturally found in high concentrations in lactic acid-fermented foods, such as sauerkraut, capers, and brined olives, as well as grape juice and wine.
- It has a pronounced ability to adhere to the mucosal cells in the GI tract.
- It has proven colonization in the intestines.
- L. plantarum is a major representative of the Lactobacillus flora in the GI tract of healthy individuals.
- It demonstrates an antibiotic resistance profile analyzed by Minimal Inhibitory Concentration testing.