EnteroMend combines the mucosa-protective effects of L-glutamine with highly absorbable botanical complexes to provide a unique amino acid/botanical formula that supports overall intestinal health.
Meriva® and Casperome® (curcumin and Boswellia phytosomes for enhanced absorption) help maintain a healthy inflammatory response in the GI tract.
- DaltonMax 700®, a unique aloe extract with 200:1-potency, soothes intestinal mucus membranes.
- Sunfiber® promotes healthy gut flora, normal butyrate levels, and bowel regularity. L-glutamine is present to decrease intestinal permeability.
- EnteroMend is a great-tasting orange-vanilla flavored powder and is easy to mix in water or a beverage of choice.
- Boswellia phytosome (Casperome®) is a unique Boswellia extract bound to phosphatidylcholine for enhanced absorption.
A study comparing Casperome to the same boswellia extract not complexed with phosphatidylcholine found 7-fold higher plasma levels of 11-keto-β-boswellic acid and 3-fold higher plasma levels of β-boswellic acid with consumption of the Boswellia phytosome.
- Curcumin phytosome (Meriva®) is a unique curcumin extract also bound to phosphatidylcholine to significantly enhance the curcumin’s absorption.
A randomized crossover study compared plasma levels of curcuminoids from curcumin complexed with phosphatidylcholine (Meriva) to a non-complexed curcumin. The total plasma curcuminoid level was 29 times higher in the Meriva group than the non-complexed curcumin group. In an animal study, curcumin phytosome (Meriva) exerted a relaxant effect on the muscles of the ileum and the colon.* Curcumin has been shown to help maintain normal neurotransmitter levels to support healthy GI function.
- Aloe vera (DaltonMax 700®) is a unique, 200:1-potency aloe extract with no laxative effect.
Organic DaltonMax 700 is taken from the inner gel of the aloe plant and does not contain portions of the aloe plant that cause gastric upset or have a laxative effect. It’s solvent-free, and its low-heat dehydration preserves its bioactive ingredients. Research supports aloe vera’s GI protective effects.
- Partially Hydrolyzed Guar Gum (PHGG) – Sunfiber® is included because the short-chain fatty acid butyric acid is the primary fuel for the colonocytes in the large intestine and it’s produced in the colon by the fermentation of fiber, particularly from guar gum. Butyric acid is essential to help maintain healthy colonic structure and function.
In a study comparing PHGG to wheat bran, both substances significantly improved bowel habits in individuals who had less than ideal GI health, although patient preference and fewer side effects were reported for PHGG. Another PHGG study reported improved quality of life in a similar patient population.
- L-Glutamine, in addition to being the main fuel for the enterocytes in the small intestine also joins butyric acid as a fuel source for the colonocytes lining the colon. Similar to the small intestine, the large intestine can become hyperpermeable and L-glutamine has been shown to ameliorate gut barrier dysfunction in the colonic epithelium.
Because an athlete needs to know that his or her supplements are trustworthy and compliant, every batch of an NSF Certified for Sport® product is tested for compliance with label claims and to ensure the absence of more than 200 substances banned by many major athletic organizations, including stimulants, narcotics, steroids, diuretics, beta-2 agonists, and masking agents.