Calcium D-Glucarate (CDG) has been shown to promote liver detoxification by enhancing the metabolism of hormones and environmental toxins.
Calcium D-Glucarate (CDG) is produced naturally in small amounts by humans.
- CDG supplementation has been shown to prevent the recycling of hormones and undesirable environmental toxins, thereby promoting liver detoxification and the excretion of these potentially detrimental substances.
- Other applications of CDG supplementation include the maintenance of already normal cholesterol levels and facilitating healthy hormone metabolism.
How does it work?
- Glucuronidation is the liver’s normal process of attaching a glucuronic acid molecule to potentially harmful substances to detoxify and eliminate them from the body.
- During phase II liver detoxification, certain hormones and various fat-soluble toxins will undergo glucuronidation and be excreted through the bile or urine.
- CDG helps this elimination process to occur uninterrupted.
- CDG detoxifying and chemo-preventive properties are attributable to its ability to increase glucuronidation, and the accompanying excretion of harmful compounds, it does so by inhibiting the enzyme beta-glucuronidase.