Basic Prenatal is specifically formulated with the special needs of conception, pregnancy, and breastfeeding in mind.
Our formula contains well-absorbed, tissue-ready vitamins and minerals that are gentle on the stomach and non-constipating.
- Daily multi-vitamin/mineral support for a woman of childbearing age.
- Provides beneficial nutrients that are important from the moment of conception.
- First Trimester
- Folate facilitates healthy brain and spinal cord development.
- Basic Prenatal includes the bioactive form of folate – 5-MTHF.
- Vitamins C, B6, and K have been shown to benefit “morning sickness.
- Second Trimester
- Contains the well-absorbed and well-researched iron bisglycinate to meet a pregnant woman’s increased need for iron.
- Third Trimester
- Provides the extra nutrients needed for continued healthy fetal development and to prepare mom and baby for birth.
- After Pregnancy through Nursing
- Nutritional support for increased demand for calcium and vitamin D in the diet.
Pre-conception, pregnancy, and nursing are critical times to optimize a mother’s health and nutrition, which is important for both for mom and baby. Overall nutritional and caloric needs greatly increase during this time. However, it is often difficult for a woman to fulfill her daily nutrient needs through diet alone.