B-Complex #6 contains an optimal balance of essential B vitamins with extra vitamin B6.
Most B vitamins with the exception of vitamin B12, are not stored in the body; consequently, they must be acquired daily from the diet in order to maintain optimal health.
- Complex #6 contains thiamine (vitamin B1), riboflavin and riboflavin 5′-phosphate (vitamin B2), niacinamide (vitamin B3), pantothenic acid (vitamin B5), pyridoxine and pyridoxal 5′-phospate (vitamin B6), methylcobalamin (vitamin B12), methyl-folate (5-MTHF), and biotin.
- Although each B vitamin is chemically distinct, they often work together in various biochemical functions throughout the body from cellular energy production, to healthy red-blood-cell formation, to healthy neurological function.
- B-Complex #6 offer both pyridoxine and active pyridoxal 5′-phosphate to support brain function through neurotransmitter synthesis and neurological function through the formation of the myelin sheath surrounding nerve cells.
- B6 can also help relieve the symptom of fluid retention and support a good mood in individuals with premenstrual syndrome (PMS).
- Pyridoxine (vitamin B6) and its bioactive form, pyridoxal 5′-phosphate (P5P), are essential for such processes as amino acid metabolism, neurotransmitter synthesis, and glycogen (storage sugar) breakdown.
- Pyridoxine and P5P are also involved in heme synthesis (necessary for hemoglobin), conversion of tryptophan to niacin, and the proper metabolism of fatty acids.
Because an athlete needs to know that his or her supplements are trustworthy and compliant, every batch of an NSF Certified for Sport® product is tested for compliance with label claims and to ensure the absence of more than 200 substances banned by many major athletic organizations, including stimulants, narcotics, steroids, diuretics, beta-2 agonists, and masking agents.