B-Complex #6 contains an optimal balance of essential B vitamins with extra vitamin B6.
Most B vitamins with the exception of vitamin B12, are not stored in the body; consequently, they must be acquired daily from the diet in order to maintain optimal health.
- Complex #6 contains thiamine (vitamin B1), riboflavin and riboflavin 5′-phosphate (vitamin B2), niacinamide (vitamin B3), pantothenic acid (vitamin B5), pyridoxine and pyridoxal 5′-phospate (vitamin B6), methylcobalamin (vitamin B12), methyl-folate (5-MTHF), and biotin.
- Although each B vitamin is chemically distinct, they often work together in various biochemical functions throughout the body – from cellular energy production, to healthy red-blood-cell formation, to healthy neurological function.
- B-Complex #6 offer both pyridoxine and active pyridoxal 5′-phosphate to support brain function through neurotransmitter synthesis and neurological function through the formation of the myelin sheath surrounding nerve cells.
- B6 can also help relieve the symptom of fluid retention and support a good mood in individuals with premenstrual syndrome (PMS).
- Supplementing with active B vitamins is important for everyone, and especially for individuals whose livers may not be able to convert the non-active B vitamin forms to their active forms because of compromised liver function, poorly functioning enzymes, digestive disturbances, or age.
- Pyridoxine (vitamin B6) and its bioactive form, pyridoxal 5′-phosphate (P5P), are essential for such processes as amino acid metabolism, neurotransmitter synthesis, and glycogen (storage sugar) breakdown.
- Pyridoxine and P5P are also involved in heme synthesis (necessary for hemoglobin), conversion of tryptophan to niacin, and the proper metabolism of fatty acids.
- Thorne’s B-Complex #6 supplies 106 mg of pyridoxine HCl, 25 mg pyridoxal 5′-phosphate, and the bioactive forms of other B vitamins in each capsule to provide an optimally bioavailable B complex.
Because an athlete needs to know that his or her supplements are trustworthy and compliant, every batch of an NSF Certified for Sport® product is tested for compliance with label claims and to ensure the absence of more than 200 substances banned by many major athletic organizations, including stimulants, narcotics, steroids, diuretics, beta-2 agonists, and masking agents.