B-Complex #12 offers a complete vitamin B complex, with added vitamin B-12 and folate.
Supplementing with the active forms of the B vitamins is extremely important to everyone, especially individuals who might not be able to convert non-active B vitamins to their active forms in the liver because of compromised liver function, poorly functioning enzymes, digestive disorders, or increasing age.
- Vitamin B12 and folate are necessary for normal red blood cell formation, tissue and cellular repair, normal methylation and homocysteine metabolism, and DNA synthesis.
- Thorne’s B-Complex #12 supplies the active form of vitamin B12 – methylcobalamin – as well as the active form of folate – 5-MTHF. The other bioactive forms of the B vitamins in each capsule ensures you will get the most bioavailable vitamin B complex available.
- B-Complex #12 is not derived from yeast.
- Most of the B vitamins, with the exception of vitamin B12, are not stored in the body; consequently, they must be acquired daily from the diet in order to maintain optimal health.
- Vitamin B12 deficiency can be manifest with varying degrees of mental changes, such as confusion and irritability.
- Certain prescription medications (for seizures, diabetes, arthritis, and cancer) can cause a deficiency of these important vitamins.
- The incidence of vitamin B12 and/or folate deficiency is high among the elderly.
- Pregnant women require an increased amount of folate for proper fetal development. A woman who has a folate deficiency prior to pregnancy can expect that deficiency to be intensified during pregnancy.
- B Complex #12 includes eight water-soluble B vitamins: thiamin (vitamin B1); riboflavin/riboflavin 5′-phosphate (vitamin B2); niacinamide (vitamin B3); pantothenic acid (vitamin B5); pyridoxine/pyridoxal 5′-phosphate (vitamin B6); methylcobalamin (vitamin B12); 5-MTHF (folate); and biotin; plus choline.
- Although each B vitamin is chemically distinct, they often work synergistically in various biochemical functions throughout the body from cellular energy production, to healthy red blood cell formation, to healthy neurological function.