5-MTHF 15 mg contributes to the production of serotonin, melatonin, dopamine, epinephrine, and norepinephrine, supplementation supports healthy mood.
Methyl-group donation is vital to many biochemical conversion processes, including the synthesis of serotonin, melatonin, and DNA.
- Important for a woman of childbearing age to get enough folic acid – not just those women who are planning to become pregnant.
- Folic acid intake is especially important before conception and during early pregnancy, since its biggest need is during the first trimester.
- Supplementation with the active form of folic acid – 5-MTHF (L-5 Methyltetrahydrofolate)– is always preferable.
- Acting with vitamin B12, 5-MTHF functions as a methyl-group donor, thereby facilitating the conversion of the amino acid homocysteine to methionine.
- An elevated homocysteine level is a risk factor for a number of undesirable health conditions.
- 5-methyltetrahydrofolate (5-MTHF) supplementation is not recommended concurrent with methotrexate cancer therapy, as it can interfere with methotrexate’s anti-neoplastic activity.
- An individual taking methotrexate for psoriasis or rheumatoid arthritis can safely take a supplement containing folate.