Uric Acid Formula provides vitamins and herbal extracts to support healthy uric acid metabolism.
Uric acid is a natural end product of purines, an integral part of the nucleic acids in DNA and RNA.
- In a recent population-based study involving almost 1,400 men from the Health Professionals Follow-up Study, vitamin C intake was associated with healthy serum uric acid metabolism.
- In another double-blind, placebo-controlled trial, vitamin C supplementation supported healthy glomerular filtration and maintained healthy serum uric acid excretion.
- The bioflavonoid quercetin has been associated with similar effects by maintaining proper xanthine oxidase and xanthine dehydrogenase activity, key liver enzymes involved in uric acid production.
- Potassium citrate is included to support systemic alkalization, urinary alkalization promotes healthy uric acid metabolism.
- Devil’s claw and the proteolytic enzyme bromelain support immune mediator activity.
- Cherries have been used traditionally for decades to enhance healthy uric acid metabolism. Research indicates that regular cherry consumption maintains healthy plasma urate.
- Additionally, anthocyanins in cherries and grape seed act as free radical scavengers.
This product is not intended to replace any dietary protocols recommended by a health professional.