Ubiquinol VESIsorb is the active antioxidant form of CoQ10.
A cross-over, pharmacokinetic pilot study (single oral dose) in humans compared an oil-based CoQ10 preparation to CoQ10 in the VESIsorb® delivery system and demonstrated a 308% increase in peak blood levels and a 622% increase in area under the curve (a measure of 10-hour bioavailability).
- In a comparison study involving healthy subjects, supplementation with 200 mg ubiquinol for 4 weeks increased plasma total CoQ10
- It was also noted that ubiquinol supported a healthy ratio of CoQ10 to lipids.
- Research indicates ubiquinol supports antioxidant status, healthy ejection fraction and mitral valve function while supporting overall physical activity and quality of life.
- The safety and bioavailability of ubiquinol were evaluated after single oral dose and 4-week multiple dose studies.
- Significant gastrointestinal absorption was observed and no clinically significant adverse effects were noted.