Tri-Alkali provides acid-alkaline balance is important for maintaining a wide range of physiological functions.
- Diets high in animal and grain proteins contribute to the body’s acid load.
- As recent research highlights, an alkaline environment may be especially important for healthy bones as well as healthy calcium, oxalate and uric acid metabolism.
- In one randomized, double-blind trial with postmenopausal women, an increase in alkali status via potassium citrate supported healthy bone composition of the neck, vertebrae and hip.
- Supplementation provided sustained systemic alkalization.
- Potassium citrate and calcium citrate supported enhanced alkali status better than either compound alone, as demonstrated in a crossover study involving postmenopausal women.
- This had an impact on bone resorption markers and enhanced absorbed calcium, supporting bone health. Other trials have found a positive effect of alkaline support on bone histology, bone cell function and bone mineralization.
- In another trial, co-administration of potassium citrate and calcium citrate maintained healthy oxalate and uric acid metabolism in postmenopausal women.