Taurine 1000 mg is the most abundant free amino acid in the brain, heart, and nervous system and it plays a role in the healthy functioning of the brain, heart, gallbladder, eyes, and vascular system.
- It facilitates the passage of sodium, potassium, and, possibly, calcium and magnesium ions into and out of cells, and electrically stabilizes cell membranes.
- It maintains healthy cAMP activity, which activates important enzymes in the heart muscle, and contributes to the muscle’s contractibility.
- Taurine is an important component of bile acids which aid in the absorption of fat-soluble vitamins.
- It aids the body’s chemistry to support the normal detoxification process.
- Dietary taurine promotes the formation of taurocholate, a substance which increases cholesterol secretion in the bile and also supports fat metabolism in the liver.