PureLean Fiber provides weight management support as part of a healthy lifestyle with a reduced calorie diet and regular exercise.
The gut microflora is now recognized as an important factor in overall health, with potential roles ranging from cellular and immune health to metabolic function and weight management.
- Studies indicate that obese individuals possess lower levels of Bacteroidetes microorganisms and higher levels of Firmicutes bacteria in the GI tract compared to lean individuals.
- In one study, germ-free mice inoculated with bacteria from obese mice showed increased Firmicutes bacteria and an increase in body fat over two weeks despite no change in dietary intake, compared to mice inoculated with bacteria from lean mice.
- In a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled study, 32 healthy adult subjects were given 1.4 grams or 2.8 grams of PreticX™ XOS for eight weeks.
- The Bifidobacterium count increased 21% from the baseline at four weeks and 17% from the baseline at eight weeks in the highest dose group. B. fragilis levels (a Bacteroidetes organism) were also found to increase. Similar results were found in another study involving healthy young women, which also showed PreticX supplementation resulted in an increase in fecal triglyceride and cholesterol concentrations. In contrast to many common prebiotics, these studies reported no gas, bloating or other intestinal side effects.
- Each serving of PureLean® Fiber provides 0.7 grams PreticX XOS and a minimum of 6 grams fiber, typically providing 3.5 grams soluble fiber from glucomannan, guar gum, apple pectin and prune fiber, and 3 grams insoluble fiber from flax seed and cellulose.
- Soluble fiber helps slow the rate of digestion, promoting satiety, digestive health, nutrient absorption and healthy glycemic control. It enhances satiety by absorbing water and adding bulk in the digestive tract.
- Research has revealed that the high molecular weight and viscosity of glucomannan is particularly supportive.
- PureLean® Fiber contains 1 gram of glucomannan. Several randomized controlled trials indicate that glucomannan supports healthy weight managementϯ and lipid metabolism, and supports healthy glycemic control.