Pomegranate Plus now offers the clinically researched Pomella® pomegranate extract, manufactured using patented technology to concentrate punicalagin and other polyphenols.
- In vitro, Pomella® pomegranate was shown to rank highest in antioxidant activity across ORAC, TEAC, FRAP and DPPH assays compared to 26 other antioxidant products, including other pomegranate preparations, green tea, grape seed extract, resveratrol, and goji.
- Antioxidant efficacy was also demonstrated in a human pharmacokinetic study, in which 800 mg of Pomella® pomegranate increased ORAC (oxygen radical absorbance capacity) by 32% after 0.5 hours.
- Preliminary research also suggests that the gut-derived metabolites called urolithins may penetrate the blood-brain barrier, offering potential neuroprotective properties. These same metabolites may support healthy glucose metabolism in the vascular tissue.
- Through a variety of mechanisms, pomegranate supports vascular endothelial function, healthy blood flow, and cardiovascular health.
- PhytoCardio proprietary blend provides fruit extracts from cranberry and blueberry.
- Dietary intake of these fruits has been associated with healthy endothelial function and gene expression.
- The prized palm berry açai of Brazil, where it is known as “the fruit of life,” is a dynamic addition to this formulation.
- Açaí berries are rich in anthocyanins, vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and essential fatty acids. In a university study, açai berry revealed important support for maintaining cell health.