Phyto-ADR vegetarian formula provides wide range herbal and nutritional support for the adrenal glands.
Panax ginseng and Eleutherococcus senticosus, or eleuthero, are highly recognized adaptogens, promoting physiological balance and moderating occasional stress.
- In part, they help to moderate the production of adrenocorticotrophic hormone (ACTH) and ultimately corticosterone activity. Corticosterone promotes the conversion of amino acids into carbohydrates and glycogen by the liver and stimulates glycogen formation in the tissues, supporting optimal energy reserves.
- Rhodiola rosea, containing rosavins and salidrosides, also acts to balance hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal activity.
- Rhodiola can have a calming effect on the central nervous system and supports healthy thyroid, thymus, and adrenal gland function, may moderate the effects of occasional physical and emotional stress.
- Astragalus and ashwagandha promote immune function and complement the adaptogenic activity of this formula.
- Calcium pantothenate, a vitamin B5 derivative, is essential for activating the adrenals. Collectively, these ingredients support the health and activity of the adrenal glands.