Peptic-Care Zinc-L-Carnosine patented 1:1 chelate of zinc and l-carnosine provides a unique configuration that is important to this compound’s activity.
Studies have suggested that this combination has greater effects on the integrity of the gastric lining than either ingredient alone.
- Zinc-carnosine has a slow disassociation rate and adheres to the stomach lining, allowing for prolonged protection.
- Once dissociated, zinc and carnosine provide synergistic antioxidant protection, support the stomach’s mucosal defenses, buffer gastric acid and maintain healthy cytokine release.
- One Japanese multi-center, double-blind study involving 299 subjects described a positive effect of zinc-carnosine on objective and subjective parameters of normal gastric health and repair functions, especially after 8 weeks.
- Seven additional clinical evaluations with more than 550 volunteers indicate similar results.
- In recent in vitro and in vivo studies, zinc-carnosine stimulated healthy gut repair by supporting healthy colon cell reproduction and maintaining healthy villous function.
- In a double-blind, randomized, cross-over trial, zinc-carnosine maintained healthy gut permeability. Extensively studied and utilized in Japan, this zinc-carnosine combination has an excellent safety profile.