Lycopene 20 mg provides a natural tomato extract rich in lycopene, various carotenoids, vitamin E, and other important phytochemicals.
- Data from over 47,000 participants in the Health Professionals Follow-Up Study suggested that tomato or lycopene intake was positively associated with prostate cell health.
- In another study involving 30 male subjects, supplementation with lycopene promoted healthy prostate function. This was one of the first randomized, prospective clinical trials to suggest that a lycopene supplement; rather than dietary tomato consumption, supported prostate health.
- Research compiled in a multi-center study involving ten European countries revealed that the antioxidant properties of dietary lycopene supported cardiovascular health.
- Fifty-seven epidemiological studies indicate that lycopene from tomato consumption or tomato-based products may help digestive, lung, cervical, and breast cell health.
- Lycopene has also demonstrated the potential for promoting retinal and macular health.