L-Tryptophan is an essential amino acid that is a serotonin precursor.
Vitamin B6 provides enhanced support as important cofactors involved in the metabolism of Tryptophan.
- Research indicates that Tryptophan supplementation may support emotional well-being and restful sleep.
- In a double-blind placebo-controlled study, Tryptophan supported healthy emotional processing and promoted positive outlook in women.
- In a separate study, it supported healthy mood and lessened occasional irritability during the menstrual cycle.
- Tryptophan also supports healthy sleep quality, onset and duration.
- Additional research suggests that Tryptophan may promote relaxation and help control occasional cravings.