L-Carnosine (beta-alanyl-L-histidine) occurs naturally in the body’s muscle and nervous tissues and is formed by the amino acids alanine and histidine.
Unique protective mechanisms in the body to maintain healthy protein and cellular function in various tissues.
- Levels of this dipeptide can decline with age. It is a water-soluble antioxidant and promotes cell health and cell longevity.
- In vitro, l-carnosine maintains healthy advanced glycation end-product, or AGE, activity. These end-products are formed when aldehydes (such as aldose and ketose sugars) and lipid peroxidation by-products bind to proteins.
- Plays a role in maintaining DNA integrity, it may also support superoxide dismutase activity.
- In addition, it may help to maintain healthy peptide metabolism in the brain and its membrane-stabilizing properties support cellular health in the cardiovascular system.
- Its concentration in the muscle may prove to be an important factor in high-intensity exercise performance based on a recent human study.
Pure Encapsulations L-Carnosine – 60 Capsules
Welltopia for Dietary Supplements in Wisconsin
Experts in Customized Multivitamins & Supplements