Garlic Complex provides a unique combination of aged fermented black garlic extract and garlic extract.
This combination offers cardiovascular and immune support properties, while also reducing the odor and sharp taste typically associated with raw garlic and garlic extracts.
- The health-promoting effects of garlic are derived from its sulphur-containing compounds, including allicin and S-allyl-cysteine (SAC).
- The fermentation and aging process utilized in the production of black garlic increases the levels of SAC and other bioactive compounds, including phenols and flavonoids.
- These compounds act as antioxidants in the body to protect tissues and support cellular function. Animal and cell studies suggest that the cardiometabolic effects from aged black garlic are due primarily to antioxidant and cytokine balance support, stemming partly from alterations in gene expression.
- In a randomized, double-blind trial involving 60 adults, 12 weeks of supplementation with 6 grams of aged black garlic revealed support for healthy lipid metabolism.
- Standard garlic extract is included to promote broad-spectrum cardiovascular health, including support for healthy blood flow and platelet function, healthy lipid and triglyceride metabolism, and healthy arterial function.
- Garlic has also demonstrated support for maintaining a healthy gut ecology and promoting healthy immune system function.