EFA Essentials support joint, skin and eye health through a broad range of mechanisms involving cytokine balance, protease activity, immune mediator activity and blood flow.
Extensive clinical research has indicated that essential fatty acids support the health of joints, skin and eyes.
- The importance of GLA has been underscored by clinical studies with favorable musculoskeletal and dermatologic outcomes.
- While omega-3 fatty acids are utilized for the biosynthesis of prostaglandin E3, the omega-6 fatty acid, GLA, is an important precursor of prostaglandin E1.
- Together, EPA, DHA and GLA help to balance eicosanoid production in diverse cell types, including chondrocytes in joints, keratinocytes of the skin and epithelial cells of the eye.
- EPA, DHA and GLA support joint health by maintaining healthy cytokine activity and matrix protease expression.
- GLA also supports skin elasticity and hydration through promoting peripheral blood flow and nutrient delivery.
- Clinical research has indicated important roles of fish oil and GLA-rich oils in maintaining moisture retention in the epithelia of the eyes.
- GLA provides additional support for ocular health by maintaining mucin production and healthy tear film characteristics.
Pure Encapsulations EFA Essentials – 120 Softgel
Welltopia for Dietary Supplements in Wisconsin
Experts in Customized Multivitamins & Supplements