Disc-Flex formula addresses the unique nutritional needs of intervertebral cartilage (IVC).
The basics of healthy disc composition involve glucosamine, chondroitin and collagen.
- Glucosamine supports spinal disc integrity and has the potential to support the strength of the disc under compressive loads.
- In postmenopausal women, the healthy composition of the lumbar spine is directly related to collagen content.
- This formula may also support healthy advanced glycation end product activity, healthy immune mediator activity and healthy calcium metabolism.
- Advanced glycation end products may reduce the ability of the intervertebral disc to produce proteoglycans, which comprise healthy disc matrix. The age-related increase in advanced glycation end products also contributes to stiffening of the spine.
- L-Carnosine, grape seed extract and alpha lipoic acid help to maintain healthy advanced glycation end product metabolism and provide antioxidant protection.
- Cartilage end plate calcification also affects disc function and longevity.
- Vitamin K2 as menaquinone-7 also maintains a healthy balance of calcium uptake into extra-skeletal tissues.
- Devil’s claw supports day-to-day spinal comfort and flexibility as demonstrated by German studies, while boswellia offers key support for musculoskeletal comfort.