Cognitive Aminos are important intermediates in the production of neurotransmitters in the brain and are involved in neuromodulating activities.
Age-related decreases in levels of several amino acids may influence cognitive function.
- L-Tyrosine is an amino acid naturally synthesized in the body. It is the precursor of the neurotransmitters l-dopa, dopamine, norepinephrine, epinephrine, supporting mood and mental clarity.
- DL-Phenylalanine provides a mixture of two essential amino acids, d-phenylalanine and l-phenylalanine.
- In the body, l-phenylalanine converts to tyrosine, enhancing neurotransmitter support. A separate pathway allows both d- and l-phenylalanine to support levels of the compound phenylethylamine, a function not provided by l-tyrosine.
- The serotonin precursor l-tryptophan is included to support emotional well-being, relaxation and restful sleep. In a double-blind, placebo-controlled study, l-tryptophan supported healthy emotional processing and promoted a positive outlook in women.
- Taurine is considered an inhibitory amino acid, helping to maintain healthy glutamate and other excitatory amino acid activity in the brain. This provides neuro-supportive action important for maintaining healthy brain cell function.
- Acetyl-l-carnitine plays an important role in multiple metabolic pathways in the brain. It also contributes to the production of the neurotransmitter acetylcholine and may support dopamine receptor function. As a result, acetyl-l-carnitine plays a role in memory, attention, mental clarity and mood support.
Pure Encapsulations Cognitive Aminos – 180 Capsules
Welltopia for Dietary Supplements in Wisconsin
Experts in Customized Multivitamins & Supplements