- Used in herbal medicine as a bulk-forming laxative.
- Used in herbal medicine to promote bowel movement by increasing bulk volume and water content.
- Used in herbal medicine to promote gentle relief of constipation and/or irregularity.
- Adults and adolescents (13 and over) 1 scoop 2 times per day. Effects observed 12-24 hours after first dose, and may take 2-3 days.
- For each dose, drink (or mix with) at least 150 ml or liquid. Take 2 hours before or after other medications.
Cautions and warnings
Consult a health care practitioner if symptoms worsen or if laxative effect dose nol occur within seven days. Consult a health care practitioner immediately if you experience chest pain, vomiting, or difficulty in swallowing or breathing after taking this product. Consult a health care practitioner prior to use if you are experiencing a sudden change in bowel habits that has persisted for more than 2 weeks, undiagnosed rectal bleeding, or have failed to defalcate following the use of a laxative product. Consult a health care practitioner prior to use if you are taking medications which inhibit peristaltic movement (e.g opioids, loperamide). Consult a health care practitioner prior to use if you have diabetes. Consult a health care practitioner prior to use if you have difficulty swallowing. Consult a health care practitioner prior to use if you have symptoms such as abdominal pain, nausea vomiting or fever (as these could be signs of abnormal constrictions of the gastrointestinal tract, diseases of the oesophagus and/or the superior opening of the stomach (cardia), potential or existing intestinal blockage, paralysis of the
intestine, megacolon, faecal impaction, inflamed bowel or appendicitis).
Known adverse reactions
Hypersensitivity, such as allergy, has been known to occur in rare cases: in which case, discontinue use. May cause temporary gas and bloating.