Medication and medical supplies:
- Oral thermometer
- Fever & pain relief: i.e. Acetaminophen / homeopathic remedies.
- Cold & flu medication.
- Medication to treat shortness of breath: i.e. Pro-air (if able to obtain a doctor’s prescription).
IMPORTANT: Anti inflammatory agents like NSAIDs: ibuprofen and naproxen are questionable if Coronavirus is suspected.
Immune system boosting supplements:
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin B6
- Vitamin E
Immune system boosting foods & drinks:
- Citrus fruits: grapefruit, oranges, lemons etc.
- Vegetables: Spinach, broccoli, red bell peppers, etc.
- Nuts & seeds
- Warm fluids: Soups, ginger & lemon tea, chamomile tea, and green tea.
Herbs: Echinacea, elderberry, Astragalus, and garlic.
Maintain Healthy Habits:
- Minimize stress: Do not panic about the epidemic.
- Get at least 7-10 hours of sleep.
- Stay hydrated.
- Wash hands with soap and water frequently: wash for at least 40 seconds cleaning palms of your hands, back of hands, between fingers, fingertips and thumbs.
- Practice good respiratory hygiene.